Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day Beauty

This year for the Labor Day holiday we went camping somewhere that we've never been before. Our friends Mike & Michelle and Dave & Jamie told us that this would be a great place to ride four wheelers and have a great camping trip. So we loaded up the kids, the bikes and the dog and went out on an adventure. As we drove East of Park City the scenery became so beautiful and it reminded me of what a beautiful place we are blessed to live in. I'm always complaining about the weather and how cold it is here in Utah. It's true. It's pretty miserable here in the winter. But the beauty that you get the rest of the year is unbeatable. We had such a great time with great friends. Jackie and Weston came and stayed with us in our motorhome and Dan & Country came too. We shared great food, great fun and we can't wait to go back to that beautiful place!


Jordyn and Kayden have a blast playing with Carson (Dave & Jamie's youngest) and they had fun in the river more times than once. The river was right behind our campground and was shallow enough to be safe, but deep enough to get wet and cold!


Jordyn, Kayden and Carson having a toast of sparkling grape juice. Where are their parents???








Dan & Country brought this awesome game that we had never seen before. It's like throwing horseshoes but it's made out of wood and you throw bags of pinto beans at a hole. It was great because we didn't have to dig pits in the ground or anything and we had a blast playing it. I've decided we definitely need one so I'm going to get Todd right on it. Okay honey?































Dave, Mike and Connor (Mike & Michelle's babe) takinga little bike ride.


What will they think of next?




We always love hanging with the Holleys. We laugh a lot as you can see! I pride myself in saying that I've known Michelle longer than I've known Todd. When I was still in high school I worked at ShopKo and so did Michelle. She was from Spanish Fork and I was from Orem and we worked at the Provo location. I was a low life and was the school and candy person on my shift. I always wanted to be a checker and they would never let me :( So I quit. But before I did I met Michelle and she was in the almighty customer service department. (She had keys and everything.) She was my hero and we had a great time getting to know each other a bit.
A couple of years later I met Todd and we started dating. We went somewhere one time (camping or to a party or something) and I ran into Michelle. Immediately we remembered each other and we have been great friends ever since. As we've grown up and moved past the ShopKo years I've often looked back and been grateful for meeting such a wonderful person who is still in my life today. Love ya Chelle!

OK you have to check out Dave's blog. (Go to my favorite blogs and click on Dave and Jamie). He actually did it. Yes he did. He put the poo on the blog. I knew he would - it's Dave. While we were camping there was a moose that came through our camp. We all took several pictures of them but every one of them turned out too dark. You couldn't see the moose. We discussed how nobody would believe us that an enormous bull moose was within 20 feet of our camp! Low and behold the next morning he had left us evidence of his appearance. Yep . . . poo. And Dave captured it best. LOL!

3 comments:

Dan, Country, Kaitlyn & Ashlyn said...

FINALLY you post! You post such beautiful things!! I love your camping pics - can't wait til next time! :)We had a blast as always with you guys - luv ya!
country & dan

Michelle said...

Awhhh... how nice. Thanks for the nice words. We love you guys too! Funny thing, I always thought it would be cool to work in a department (maybe domestics) :)

xoxo

chell

Bateman's Family Blog said...

It's all about the POO baby! :) Great pics Amy! Was good to hang out with you and the family. I sure like the "Todd Mahal". Now thats what I call an RV!