Monday, June 23, 2008

Letting Go


Today has been one of mixed emotions as I recall the last 14 years of Zack's life. Let me explain . . . about 6 months ago it came to our attention that Zack was having some behavioral problems that needed to be addressed. In doing so and getting counseling for him it was realized that he has made some choices that has landed him in a bit of trouble with the law. Over the last 6 months we have been in and out of court, back and forth to therapist and group meetings.
As a mother this has been such a difficult trial to bear. I had different plans for him and his life. And at times I've felt very guilty about where he has landed. But I've learned that I have to allow him to be himself. I've learned to allow him to be responsible and accountable for his choices. I love him so much I want to save him from hurt. But I can't do that for him. Wow - what an eye opening experience it's been. Wish this thing called parenthood came with a manual!
Zack cannot contact anyone or be contacted by anyone for now. But soon he'll be able to write letters and receive communication and I'll post the address to do that as soon as it's okay. He has such a positive attitude and is going to get through his struggles with gratitude and love for all those who are cheering him on. I ask for you to keep him in your prayers as he goes through this life changing time.
amy

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Amy I am sorry that you guys are going through such a hard time right now. I agree with you that trials make you stronger. I will keep all of you in my prayers.P.S. Ouch your back looks like it hurts!

kaylee said...

its going to be ok tell zack i said hi and that im still here for him i just know everything going to get better hang in there
love kaylee

kaylee said...

its going to be ok tell zack i said hi and that im still here for him i just know everything going to get better hang in there
love kaylee