Monday, June 15, 2009

Swim Team


So we've experienced a lot of firsts this past year and this weekend brought yet another one! Jordyn made the Spanish Fork swim team and we couldn't be more proud of her. She's a fish in the water so I shouldn't be surprised that she's doing really well. I loved watching her face when she climbed out of the pool after her first heat.
She was glowing. So was I.
I volunteered to help out and be a timer (that's me in the yellow jacket and hat). All the parents have to help out at one meet during the year and I chose to get it over with nice an quick. Jordyn even lucked into my lane for her first heat - it was awesome to have a front row seat while she made Dickerson history. I had no idea what I was in for. After your kid gets done swimming you can go home. But not the timers! We got to stay the entire time. 6 am makes for an early morning . . . and not leaving until noon made it a long day! I loved every minute of it!!!

No comments: