Monday, January 26, 2009

Just a blog

Well this is the first time I've ever blogged just for the sake of the blog! That's what blogs are right? Sharing feelings, thoughts, inspration and experiences? Well obviously I've been caught up in the story behind the 'photos' and never upload anything without the appropriate visual aid next to it. Today is different.
Not because I'm a great writer and passionate about the words I have to share but because I'm a total idiot and took my camera with me with no memory card in it. My fancy pants new camera will not take any photos without a memory card - so lame. And I had a fantastic opportunity to shoot people I LOVE to death but failed.
Yesterday we went to Salt Lake to visit Dan and Country so I could help Country with a new Heritage Makers book she wants to do. She loves our products and has so many ideas of what she wants to do. After a bit of conversation she decided that she wanted to join me in my efforts to spread the message of heritage and touch the lives of her family and friends and she's my newest consultant! I'm so happy because I'm crazy about Country and she will brighten up my business tremendously.
After our very productive meeting we walked next door to see Mikey and Chelle and their beautiful son Connor. This is what I wanted the camera for. He's so adorable and I wanted to get some shots of him with my kids. No photo op but something else happened that opened my eyes to something I've been missing. I am always behind the camera looking for the perfect shot . . . the 'just right' moment to capture on film (well on the card). Yesterday all of that pressure was totally gone as I just watched Connor chase around the house with a smile on his face . . . giggling as he grabbed mommy and daddy's hands and ran from room to room with his favorite people in toe. It was magical to feel of their love and adoration for each other and how close they are.
It turned something on inside of me that said "quit worrying about capturing the memories so much and just ENJOY THEM!" I worry so much about sharing my experiences with others that I don't experience it to the fullest myself. Of course I'll never be able to totally put the camera away, but I might not be so uptight the next time my kids want my undivided attention.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Ahh... how nice Amy. Thank you for your kind words about our family. Your pictureless blog brightened my day.

xoxox

chell